Bilge pump wiring to control panel

Jokani

Visit site
Looks like the is a consensus, thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out.

I'll be at the boat this weekend and will let you know how I get on.

septiclecky

Visit site
I hope to wire a Whale Supersub to a pump control panel

The panel is expecting a separate float switch, but the supersub has an integral switch.

I'm unsure where the 3 pump wires need to go.

Please would someone help me out.

whale-supersub-panel-wiring-diagram.png

Old setup
Green is the supply from panel to the float switch when in auto
Blue is the switch wire from the float switch or panel to pump depending whether it is in manual/auto
White is the negative

Therefore on new setup
brown = green
white = blue
black = white

Last edited:

ithet

Visit site
Do these switches only light the "power" lamp when the pump is actually running? I assume so as otherwise there is a battery drain.

prv

Visit site
Do these switches only light the "power" lamp when the pump is actually running? I assume so as otherwise there is a battery drain.

Does anyone here know what the self-discharge rate of a typical yacht battery bank is? Because it wouldn't amaze me if it was comparable to the draw of a single indicator LED :)

Pete

Jokani

Visit site
The power lamp is on if 'Auto' is switched on, so there would be a drain, it is a tiny LED so I'm guessing not too much. I have 90 watts of solar permanently attached so I am hoping that is not a problem?

Greenwichman

Visit site
Discard float switch A and wire like this:

Scan_20150617.jpg
Just to acknowledge VicS .... after more than 5 years, this diagram successfully resolved my installation today of a new Whale Supersub. Thanks so much for taking the trouble to sketch it, VicS! What a valuable resource this forum is.