Best place to buy gas struts?

Nick Burnham

www.facebook.com
I wondered whether anyone had any recommendations for gas strut suppliers? My engine lid is no longer staying up.

There are two of them and they're quite long - 74cm fully extended. I've no idea where might be the best place to source replacements for these.

Apologies for the awful badly focused image!

006.jpg

Last edited:
www.hydraulicpartsdirect.co.uk
I can help but would need to know what size your ends are and is it a 10mm or 14mm rod ? ? Also , a standard length is 680mm stud to stud plus whatever ends you have ? We also do stainless ones which may be better for this , nearest open one in this range is 664mm plus the ends. Give me a shout with sizes and I am sure I can assist

abraxus

Visit site
I measured my engine hatch stuts up and found that they were the same size as tailgate struts on a VW Golf, so picked up a pair quite cheaply on ebay, but I guess any car parts supplier could match them up if you took in the old ones.

Andromeda9866

Visit site
Just had to replace mine on our princess Coastal ride have a lot of stainless ones in stock that are stainless ones all different sizes and reasonably priced just give them a call

Elessar

Visit site
I wondered whether anyone had any recommendations for gas strut suppliers? My engine lid is no longer staying up.

There are two of them and they're quite long - 74cm fully extended. I've no idea where might be the best place to source replacements for these.

Apologies for the awful badly focused image!

006.jpg

I bought mine in force 4 they have a selection. By far the cheapest i found, by a factor of 4 or more.