Best Place to Buy Domestic Batteries

dragoon

Visit site
Hi,
I believe my domestic batteries are finally past their sell by date (They are 7 years old, but they don't hold their charge any longer).

They are 175Ah. Does anyone have an idea of the best place to buy such batteries on the South Coast (Gosport, Portsmouth or Southampton)?

Cheers,
Paul

wooslehunter

Visit site
I got mine at the beginning of the year at ta place in Southbourne. Deal was very good. I can't remember the name but I looked the location up on the map & it's in a small industrial estate close to The Bourne Community Collage: up Stein road from the A259. Over the level crossing & left into manor road. The right into the estate soon after.

tobble

Visit site
Barden give a great service stock excellent kit, are based in Fareham I think, but anyway they deliver throughout hampshire for free - you'll be looking at £25 plus delivery if a courier has to be envolved as they are a) heavy and b) hazardous (assuming you are going for wet lead acid).

ski

Visit site
Furneaux Riddell (Airport Road Portsmouth)sold me a pair of 105AHs much cheaper than Barnden(Segensworth)

dragoon

Visit site
Thanks to all who replied.

I tried several of those listed, and also someone suggested Lucas in Portsmouth. It turns out they were the cheapest, by 20% or so - at least for the battery I was looking for.

I will pop around there tomorrow to make a purchase. Bringing one of the batteries home and putting it on charge has revealed that a cell is completely dead - after a while they all bubble nicely, except for one of them...at least I know for sure now.

Any tips on how to get a long(er) life from such a battery???

Cheers,
Paul