Best Onboard Vacuum Cleaner?

William_H

Visit site
You can not escape the fact that a domestic vacuum cleaner will be about 1000watts driving a 2 stage centrifugal compressor so max air flow and vacuum. A battery powered vacuum can never match that power. I would suggest OP get a wet and dry domestic vacuum. ol'will

Offshore57

Visit site
We have a Dyson V6 for cars / caravans / boats etc...bloody brilliant and fast....cockpit and cabin carpets no problem at all in minutes......

gilesfordcrush

Visit site
I accepted the fact that a battery powered vacuum is always going to be less effective than a mains powered one. I have a vintage Earlex wet and dry vacuum that I use for cleaning up after doing maintenance, when I have shore power. I don't have a generator or inverter.

Therefore, for onboard 12v usage I bought this cheapo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078LJLYX1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't want to spend big money on a serious battery powered one, and this one is great for a quick clean up. For a tenner it I'm happy. Clearly it does not compare to the mains powered Earlex.

I can't think why I don't have a dustpan and brush on board - I'll get one.

Bobc

Visit site
We have a Dyson V6 for cars / caravans / boats etc...bloody brilliant and fast....cockpit and cabin carpets no problem at all in minutes......

We have the same. Works fine. Re-chargable from the 12v lighter socket.

G12

Visit site
I have a Dyson V6 rechargeable. They do a car and boat specific version (look on eBay) with a flexi hose and a 12v charger (comes with 240v as well).
Great bit of kit.

ip485

Visit site
Interesting this should come up - just purchased a Dyson V10 for on board. It is almost as good as a full sized domestic and the battery is more than sufficient for the whole boat. So far very happy with it.

Jabs

Visit site
£10.00 Tesco special! Keep the receipt and change it when it craps out!

First one I had sucked up petrol fumes and went bananas! FOC replacement.

Just elk the receipt under the cover, ready to exchange!

Tony

Richard10002

Visit site
Dyson V6 and 240v upright both on board and at home. Covers all the bases... air use the V6 more than the 240v on the boat.

Like the idea of the V10, but £400 is a bit rich. My nephew has one in his house, and raves about it :)