Best choice of dehumidifier

i_sail

Visit site
Anybody know the outcome of the test that was done in PBO or YM regarding the best buy for dehumidifiers? I think it was either Nov or Dec 2010 issue, but could not swear to it. Anybody know, I would be most grateful. I am just about to buy one and would rather take advice based on a test than pot luck. Am willing to spend up to £200 for the right one, thats going to do the job. By the way, its for a 36 yacht.

Plevier

Visit site
They rated the B&Q 10 litre one pretty well. I bought one and am very pleased with it. My local branch selling them off at £60 last week.

Panache2010

Visit site
Wow, top tip thanks, think I will visit my local B&Q tomorrow, see if I can get one of those

Cheers,
Karl

I bought one last year and have used it on board and also in my :rolleyes: caravan with great results, got to say, it's a little noisey if sited on a worktop, but very effective for the money.

DannyB

Visit site
I bought the Meaco after reading the PBO test, very pleased with it, very quiet when the fan is on low, no compressor noise, and works well even in winter temperatures.

neale

Visit site
Definitely buy a desiccant model like the Maeco mentioned above. They work better at low temperatures, are quieter, are often smaller and are soooooooo much lighter.

Most of them also have a setting that will produce heat as well. On the Maeco one above it is the laundry setting I think. This provides a similar level of heat output to a fan heater on the 1kw setting. It can warm a small boat in the middle of winter so avoids you having to carry a fan heater as well.

They are more expensive but it is well worth the extra.

i_sail

Visit site
Thanks for the advice

Thanks everybody for the advice. I have ended up getting a B&Q 10 litre for £60, and so far, it has been great. I felt the boat was actually dry but despite that, its amazing how much water it takes out of the air!