Best boating web sites

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Apart from these forums I always seem to struggle to find many other good sites re motor boating. Any suggestions will probably be useful for many of us. I'll start the ball rolling with an excellent weather site showing wind speed and direction for the whole of the UK - www.xcweather.co.uk
There must be hundreds of others, why not share them!
Thanks,
John

david_bagshaw

Visit site
Found your site a real flash back to my youth, as we did a "lot" of thames boating in my youth, & as you say motor boating seems to be under represented on the web.

As a suggestion put the pics in a number of pages, as I get the red X of death when using IE 6, although they load ok in Opera.

Take a look at my site addy below, I would be pleased to hear what other BB ers think.

David ps Take a look at my site www.yachtman.co.uk

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks for these sites. I have tried google but obviously have not refined the search criteria sufficiently. Another good weather site is www.wetterzentrale.de which has 3 and 9 day european synoptic charts.
Regards,
John.

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
hi, my job is web based marketing, so I know a trick or two with the engines, if anyone wants a few pointers then let me know, happy to help fellow boaters. Google is good but use .co.uk not .com so you screen out the USA stuff, also use advanced serach etc much better. There are also some engines that seach only search engines so give you much more..... let me know if you want the URL.

Tried that boatdiesel.com site when I went looking for prop calculators but you have to pay - anyway I've got some spread sheets that seem to work quite well if anybody wants a copy.

regards

fresh water fish !