Best ATM exchange rate protugal

GHA

Visit site
Re: Best ATM exchange rate Portugal

Oops, mystery solved... Idiot! The crap rate is the "would you like us to convert this transaction into GBP for you (at a crap rate )" so I've just zoomed into the OK button and hit that. Doh. Just got some at 1.173. Feeling much better now :)

Sandyman

Visit site

Tks for that. Didn't know there was a Santander up there as well as the one in town.

Heckler

Visit site
Would that get a better rate in a Portuguese atm? With the nationwide flex plus (or whatever it's called) I get the same, all works fine but the atm rate is rubbish :(
Last used it in Portugal in June? in the machine that has just been put in at the Marina. I was quite suspicious of it, almost a standalone. Tried it with a €100 euros first, checked 3 days later online, 1.30 to the pound so got another €400, again €1.30. This just before the Brexit vote. Then travelled east, got stuffed because I misunderstood the instructions and they did that trick on me. You can tell when they get you because the exchange rate is on the rcpt! If you are doing it right then you dont know the exchange rate until it goes on your CC account and that takes 2-3 days. Thats a thought, how do you know what exchange rate the card is using? If its coming from the machine then you are doing it wrong!
Stu

Heckler

Visit site

Oops, mystery solved... Idiot! The crap rate is the "would you like us to convert this transaction into GBP for you (at a crap rate )" so I've just zoomed into the OK button and hit that. Doh. Just got some at 1.173. Feeling much better now :)
Ah, you beat me to it, they were screwing you!
Stu