Bennett Trim Tabs

MedDreamer

Visit site
Can anyone tell me what fluid I should use to refill the reservoir for my Bennett Trim Tabs. I think the manual, which I forgot to bring home with me said I could use any make of gearbox oil.

Being too tight to pay marina chandlery prices I decided I would bring the manual home and buy from local car supermarket - unfortunately as mentioned above I forgot it.

Can anyone help

Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>Martyn

G

I use hydraulic/automatic gearbox oil and haven`t had a problem yet! check the manual in case they state different,hope this helps
Rob

<hr width=100% size=1>robinwdunham

G

Usual recommendation for trim tab systems is automotive hydraulic steering oil, available from the likes of Halfords, main car dealers and extraordinarily well-stocked petrol stations. Get yourself a tiny little plastic funnel from a supermarket cookery department to help pour the oil into the reservoir.

Strongly suggest you give gearbox oil a miss. If it worked we would put it in automotive hydraulic steering systems, wouldn't we?!

Regards

Nigel

<hr width=100% size=1>Medway Motor Yacht Club
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mmyc.co.uk>http://www.mmyc.co.uk</A>

MedDreamer

Visit site
Thanks Russell

I was looking for their web site but my search engine didn't give me this.

Thanks to everyone else for their comments.

Martyn

<hr width=100% size=1>Martyn

oldgit

Visit site
Yup always use ATF.Cheap........should pay around 5.00 or less for a litre.

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm

tabmanuk

Visit site
Hi. I'm a bit slow on picking up this thread, but 'oldgit' is right - any good quality ATF fluid is whats right for the Bennett trim tab system. Hopefully, 'medreamer' has now got his tabs working properly! If you need further help or advice, visit www.marinecomponents.co.uk - this also links to the Bennett site. Happy tabbing!

<hr width=100% size=1>