beneteau swift trawler 44

chrisgil

Visit site
I am considering a used swift trawler 44 for use in the med. The layout suits us well but I have some concern over build quality. I appreciate will never be a Fleming or Grand Banks but then a lot less money! Any thoughts and advice welcome.

LadyJ

Visit site
Not meaning to jump on your thread but very keen to hear the thoughts once the forum members start to make comment so have added myself to the thread.

SammyB

Visit site
We recently traded in our Swift Trawler 44 only because we wanted more accommodation. I am more than happy to answer any questions - send me a pm.

chrisgil

Visit site
Thanks for response.
We would mostly run at say 8 to 10 knots only occasionally getting on the plane when need to rush (or I want to play!)
Are they good at low speed and how do the performance figures hold up if boat full of people and 'stuff'.
I am interested to know if you could sensibly dock single handed. We will be in med so stern to manoeuvres!
Any problem areas I should watch out for?
Cheers

www.hydraulicpartsdirect.co.uk
we looked at ST44 and Grand Banks , plus the Velasco (or Voyage as it was called then) but ended up with the Searanger firstly due to the extras we got with a "used" boat but mainly due to the build quality of the Searanger ( of the Beneteau and Jeaneau , not the GB). I appreciate Searanger no longer made and used ones rare plus comparing mass produced to english hand built but just my tuppenceworth !