Beneteau Evasion 22

SaltyDan

Visit site
This forum seems to offer fantastic advice on prospective buyers of second hand yachts. I looked to find some advice before purchasing my Beneteau Evasion 22 last February, but given that few were made, found none. So after a season getting to know her, I thought I'd post a report.

She is a fantastic little cruiser (mine is the fin keel version). She is classed as a "motor-sailor", but absolutely sails very well. My experience is limited as she is my first proper boat, but I co-own her with my parents who have owned a Westerly Konsort, and co-own a 32' (British) Hunter (I don't know the model). They confirm that they find the sailing performance very good for a 22' boat, and a much more balanced helm than either the Westerly or the Hunter. She can reach 6 knots through the water in good conditions. And the 15hp engine is reassuringly powerful, making her agile in manoeuvring (reverse is a little tricky though).

The interior is also very well thought out. I am 6'4 and I can just fit comfortably in the dinette berth, and manage to sleep in the foreward berth also. I obviously can' stand up straight, but headroom is good, and many will be able to. And there is loads of locker space.

Very happy!

Wansworth

Visit site
This forum seems to offer fantastic advice on prospective buyers of second hand yachts. I looked to find some advice before purchasing my Beneteau Evasion 22 last February, but given that few were made, found none. So after a season getting to know her, I thought I'd post a report.

She is a fantastic little cruiser (mine is the fin keel version). She is classed as a "motor-sailor", but absolutely sails very well. My experience is limited as she is my first proper boat, but I co-own her with my parents who have owned a Westerly Konsort, and co-own a 32' (British) Hunter (I don't know the model). They confirm that they find the sailing performance very good for a 22' boat, and a much more balanced helm than either the Westerly or the Hunter. She can reach 6 knots through the water in good conditions. And the 15hp engine is reassuringly powerful, making her agile in manoeuvring (reverse is a little tricky though).

The interior is also very well thought out. I am 6'4 and I can just fit comfortably in the dinette berth, and manage to sleep in the foreward berth also. I obviously can' stand up straight, but headroom is good, and many will be able to. And there is loads of locker space.

Very happy!
Just what I need,sounds great🙂

E39mad

Visit site
The early1980's Evasion Beneteau's were a great design, as were the Jeanneau Espace models. You don't see many in UK waters. Put some pictures up if you can - don't think I've ever come across a 22.