Beneteau Antares 710 wiper arm. Help.

Timsuttle

Visit site
Hi can anyone help?
I need to find a wiper are for my Beneteau Antares 710.
One of the parts where it attaches as snapped off.

Attachments

• IMG_6245.jpg
    IMG_6245.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6244.jpg
    IMG_6244.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 9

Stemar

Visit site
Assuming you've talked to a Beneteau dealer, I'd be tempted to wander round a car park to see if any cars of a similar vintage you your boat have similar arms. I'd be very surprised if it's unique to your boat.

Supertramp

Visit site
The issue will be the attachment to the driveshaft, and whether its a bespoke unit (such as Vetus) or if a "standard" car fitting can be used and attached to the existing fitting.

You really need stainless steel springs and fittings or it will not last. Although many replacements with a car wiper will still not match a Vetus...

Timsuttle

Visit site
The issue will be the attachment to the driveshaft, and whether its a bespoke unit (such as Vetus) or if a "standard" car fitting can be used and attached to the existing fitting.

You really need stainless steel springs and fittings or it will not last. Although many replacements with a car wiper will still not match a Vetus...
Hi I have had a look on Vetus and they don’t seem to stock a wiper are with the same fitting.

Plum

Visit site
Hi I have had a look on Vetus and they don’t seem to stock a wiper are with the same fitting.
On my Antares 760 the connection to the spindle is an industry standard (there are a few others) tapered spline with an M6 nut. Mine are original and have the DOGA brand name. Try to get stainless ones. The cheep ones that fit have a smooth taper that slides over the tapered splines of the spindle but any slippage ruins the spindle spline then you need a new motor too.

Timsuttle

Visit site
On my Antares 760 the connection to the spindle is an industry standard (there are a few others) tapered spline with an M6 nut. Mine are original and have the DOGA brand name. Try to get stainless ones. The cheep ones that fit have a smooth taper that slides over the tapered splines of the spindle but any slippage ruins the spindle spline then you need a new motor too.
Thanks so much