Ben Fogle New lives in the wild

Gerry

www.gerryantics.blogspot.com
Did anyone see the latest episode of this series http://www.channel5.com/shows/ben-fogle-new-lives-in-the-wild/episodes/s4-episode-4
It is the one where he joins a couple sailing in French Polynesia. How true to life do you think the portrayal of the liveaboard sailing life do you think it was? Personally I was pretty impressed that there was not too much 'hamming' for the cameras, mostly pretty true to life.

Poignard

Visit site
I have recorded it to enjoy later with The Old Guvnor when she returns from holiday.

My electronic programme guide referred to: 'a tiny boat'. If that's tiny my 28-footer must be microscopic!

LandM

Visit site
Did anyone see the latest episode of this series http://www.channel5.com/shows/ben-fogle-new-lives-in-the-wild/episodes/s4-episode-4
It is the one where he joins a couple sailing in French Polynesia. How true to life do you think the portrayal of the liveaboard sailing life do you think it was? Personally I was pretty impressed that there was not too much 'hamming' for the cameras, mostly pretty true to life.

We watched it and thought it seemed to have similar trials and tribulations that we had when cruising for a few months the other year (although we were in Scotland and Wales...a bit colder than the south pacific and we didn't have to trade mangoes to survive). Don't think i'd fancy doing it on their budget though...what did they say it was....£300 a month!?

V1701

Visit site
I enjoyed it but I watch them all. Of course I'd have liked to have seen more sailing & more about the boat & systems they use on her, etc. She looked very nice and well set up for what they're doing. But it wasn't purely a sailing programme. Ben Fogle is always respectful & genuinely interested in the folk he meets and they seem to find him quite disarming, so warm to him and really open up about themselves & their motivations. Which makes for a good programme (IMHO of course). I think it's a bit harsh to say it was a total load of crap, especially if you're a sailor...

chrisgee

Visit site
Agreed
sailing :)sleeping: ) 12 hrs night passage & done less than 20 mls so windy they needed the engine that broke down.
Quite liked the lady crew though, even though she posed with the chart & dividers

I do agree - how did they ever manage to get there?? (Polynesia) maybe they cleaned the prop on occasion . Load of rubbish but nice scenery ( female crew I mean)