Bembridge IOW

JimBOB

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Have posted in the past but been a bit of a lurker for a year of so, very enjoyable forum to read, not sure how I get any work done be honest!!!

I have been boating for a few years now mainly in Greece on charter BMB 330 have my dayskipper and would agree with everyone on the forum on the importance of training.

For the first time I have been given use of the father in laws 30 foot rib, the idea is to take it from KeyHaven – Hurst Castle to Bembridge IOW for a long weekend, leaving sat coming back Monday whilst obviously enjoying the chaos of Cowes week.

SWMBO and I have reserved a room at the crab and lobster inn sat and Sunday the question is where would be the best place to find an over night mooring for both sat and sun? Or have I left it too late due to Cowes week!!!!!

Thank you in advance for any replies

Whitelighter

Visit site
Duver Marina in Bembridge - though it is more of a glorified visitors pontoon. They don't book, so you have as much chance as anyone if you just turn up. Shouldn't be too popular with the racing raggies as you can only get inand out a certain states of tide, so most of them will avoid it.