Beach BBQ update

ianainge

Visit site
Just an update on the beach BBQ on the Isle Of Wight ,had a good response ,ive listed below everybody interested so far and will resurect the post in early June so we can start discussing suitable dates for July/August.

ianainge
alastair
ballena
paulineb
simongoldthorpe
nick_2
northernwave
col
happy1
terryw
andrewa
jimi
Graham_Wignall
BrendanS
Andrew_fanner
Learner
Northernwave
Solitaire
duncan.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Nick2

Visit site
..........and mines the 29th......so that weekend sounds good for me too

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1>Just can't understand why I'm not allowed to bring my new dinghy into the house.....

Col

Visit site
OK by us.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

duncan

Visit site
sudden thought - or 2+2; BrendanS is event co-ordinator for a whole load of boats planning to run round the IOW that weekend - guess we will be laying on the lunch then............

<hr width=100% size=1>

ianainge

Visit site
Duncan what other event is happening around the IOW on that weekend that has been proposed for the BBQ that Brendan is co-ordinating, are we clashing with something else.When i posted the idea of the BBQ Brendan responded as a yes, has he changed his mind and organised something else?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bejasus

Visit site
Duncan's been on the rum again. The other event is in May........................./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/h00>http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/h00</A>

Solitaire

Visit site
Brendan is th event Coordinator for The Pathfinder Power Boat Club regular round the IOW event which is planned for the w/e we are talking about. As a member, I'll also may be involved. When I posted my first message today I had not checked the events diary for the Club. Duncan is also a member, which is why he raised it.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ianainge

Visit site
ok, well as i suggested i will resurect the post in early june and bearing that in mind well see what everybody wants to do, thanks for letting me know this as it will have an impact on the numbers if we pick the same date.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Solitaire

Visit site
Agree Duncan - it will swell (pun intended) the numbers particularly if its on the south side as the PPC group are coming round. Mind you, perhaps we should let Brendan have the chance to respond!?

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
Hey that's a thought...could be fun couldn't it. Make a bit more of an event that the usual run round. Have to check tides, it's always the timing of getting the trailer boats out if we do the run on Sunday that's the big problem

<hr width=100% size=1>

Solitaire

Visit site
Sounds like a good plan to me Ian - if the two events coincide so we will all just meet more people! As PPC cordinator Brenden will have to take into account some of his smaller entourage anyway. Tides will play a part for their recovery which is normally Mercury if it is a Sunday. However it should not impact on your good idea anyway, so I'll keep an eye open in June.

<hr width=100% size=1>

duncan

Visit site
I thought that the BBQ would be on the Saturday; far to much hassle to have to get back /then 'drive home.....' on the Sunday.
Assuming it's lunch that would be around 1600h through to ....oh hell here comes Sunday again................. if they go round PPC will be somewhere between midday Sat and midday Sunday so the tides wont gewt in the way; more dictate arrival time. Weather more of an issue but isn't it always

<hr width=100% size=1>

Solitaire

Visit site
With you all the way. To be honest Sat or Sunday makes no difference to me. I only live 6 mins from the boat - but I know we can't all be that lucky! The last thing I would want to do after a good BBQ is rush back.

<hr width=100% size=1>