Bavaria 32 Sport - Engine Hatch

starfire

Visit site
A local chap has one of these.
Bavaria touch panel to operate everything electric, including the electric engine hatch lift.

But, the service battery is dead, which is in the engine bay.
No power, no hatch lift.

Most of the boats with electric hatch lifts have an access hatch to pull the actuator pin, or a pull cable to pull it, so you can lift the hatch.

I've looked & can find neither.

Does anyone know if theres anyway of doing this ?

Tried getting power to the services circuit, but, the battery has dead cells & won't come above 4.5v.

Regards,

Hoblands

Visit site
Are you able to remove the screws from the table base? I'm fairly sure that the hydraulic strut is conected to the underside of it or next to it...

Last edited:

GrahamHR

Visit site
Have you tried just lifting it manually ? The actuator might be designed to allow an outer sleeve, attached to the hatch, to slide over the actuator rod ( It was like that on my American boats).

No battery charger installed to charge the batteries ?

If not, connect a 12V supply (battery, jump start pack) to the windlass +ve and -ve terminals, to temporarily supply power to the switch and motor ?

mparrish

Visit site
Unscrew 3 screws near cockpit table leg that hold the head of the ram to the deck hatch. Then manually lift the access hatch - watch out it's bloody heavy - wedge something under the edges as you go to prevent a trap hazard (like a fender). Once enough gap prop the hatch up and get in the engine bay.
Ask me how I know !