Bavaria 28 - more big boat looks in a neat little package

Whitelighter

Visit site
Bav-28.jpg

Ok, so I am a fan of Bavarias, but even I will admit they have lost their way a bit recently by not really innovating and cutting right back on the quality of materials etc.

Well, the new boats look pretty good, I like the styling of this 28. Looks solid and tough, and not unlike the Selaine SC series (which I have to say, externally is growing on me. Still dont like the interiors mind...)

It will be interetsing to see what the finsih is like, and how much it costs...

MBM first with the scoop, their thoughts here: http://www.ybw.com/auto/newsdesk/20090429165812mbmnews.html

gjgm

Visit site
compared to some of their earlier offerings, I think this looks absolutely ghastly.
Honestly, it looks a toy for a kid in the bath.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

[ QUOTE ]
bit daft having a full time sunpad on a boat that small - cockpit will be tiny

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. What's underneath it? Surely not big enough for a tender. Big design mistake IMHO

[2068]

Visit site
It does look rather bath toy like out of the water. I suspect it will look a lot better on the water, so I'll reserve judgement.

AndieMac

Visit site
Not heard anything about the motor-boats, but from what the local raggies tell me the yachts leave a lot to be desired. Their resale over here has taken a severe battering.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
[ QUOTE ]
Not heard anything about the motor-boats, but from what the local raggies tell me the yachts leave a lot to be desired. Their resale over here has taken a severe battering.

[/ QUOTE ]

surely there is a rumour that a fairly new one lost the keel in down under but not only....
then if u go deeper much have to be desired on all Bavs but then you get what you pay for too

AndieMac

Visit site
A point made very well PY....... I guess people may expect too much for their dollars outlaid. They seem to sell most of the Euro (then again I here different brand names every other day, mainly from PY) yachts in Aus. these days, but the Bavs seem to cop a far bit of flack. How do they rate in terms of cost, compared to other Euro yachts, or is that a taboo subject? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nautorius

Visit site
I like the look of it, but that Sun Pad does worry me. I prefer the USA options on Monterey, Chapparal etc where there is a large locker under the back pad which is split in two with half seatng which seems a better use of space.

I still think I prefer the Bene Montecarlo 27 though, that has the galeey upstairs!

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bit daft having a full time sunpad on a boat that small - cockpit will be tiny

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. What's underneath it? Surely not big enough for a tender. Big design mistake IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]
The engine will be underneath, no room for a tender (a la F´line Targa 30 which was a couple of feet longer). Also the sunpad will be tiny and suitable only for those who are seriously vertically challenged (like my SWMBO).

Pete

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Pete, praps I didn't put it very well. I know there's an engine under there but most other boats of this size have a seating area over that area, not a raised sunpad. So, my question was what is between the top of the engine and the underside of the sunpad, given that it's too small for a tender, 'coz there must be maybe 1m of clear space

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
[ QUOTE ]
Pete, praps I didn't put it very well. I know there's an engine under there but most other boats of this size have a seating area over that area, not a raised sunpad. So, my question was what is between the top of the engine and the underside of the sunpad, given that it's too small for a tender, 'coz there must be maybe 1m of clear space

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the Targa 30 had a double lid with some fender stowage in the top section (from what I can recall). But there was still, as you say, a good few foot of dead space. I did enquire at the time if it would be possible to fit a shelf to stow a deflated dinghy but the dealer expressed concerns regarding overheating.

Pete