Batten Down Hatches

Geoffs

Visit site
Just seen weather forecast. Winds of 75mph forecast along south coast during early hours of tomorrow morning. Hope everyone got plenty of mooring lines out, and everything well tied down.

Trouble is, mine's 20ft up in the air. Anyone in Poole or Bournmouth areas, beware low flying 19ft Fletchers. :)

BarryH

Visit site
Is that place any good, often looked at it, thought what a good idea no more hassel trailing the beast 116 miles every spring and autmn, Whats it cost, do they limit you to number of lifts in/out. and the million dollar question whats it cost and is it worth it

Geoffs

Visit site
I find it excellent. I'm usually in the water 5 or 10 mins after arriving. OK for up to 27ft / 4 tons.

I've had to pay £250 / metre this year, plus VAT. Works out about £1700 for my 5.8 metres. There's no limit to the number of lifts in and out, I use mine quite a lot, so goodness knows how many I have, probably 50 in a year. When I get back, the boat is put on a cradle on the ground, so I can wash the hull down, flush the engine and tidy up.

The answer to the million dollar question, IMHO worth it every time. the best way to go with a small boat. The only problem, availablity.

BarryH

Visit site
Works out just over £2K for my boat. On reflection I think I'll keep it where it is £300 a season and its within walking distance when i wake up, then 100 yards to the slip.