BALTIC ARE THERE ANCHORAGES CAN I AFORD THE MARINAS??

trouville

N/A
Visit site
I may soon be sailing in Sweeden Are there anchorages or is everywhere granit and deep? Are there Marinas or public ports??What sort of charges can be expected.

Is there a "compass" thats the French list of ports and approches:but for the baltic?

Is there anything i should avoid?? Are there online info sites.And when dose the season end? Can i eat in Sweeden can i afFord it???

DENMARK Are there moorings, are there public keys? is it very expensive to tie up? where should i shop? do they have chandlerys?? any online can i stay there over winter if im still there in september ??can i find a place

ANY SUGESTIONS??? any advice This is an area i really dont know yet,will i enjoy it??Is the water ever walm?? and does Denmark have "tide"

G

Presume you mean the Baltic side of Sweden. Yes, there are anchorages galore - yes it is deep and rocky, so the local way to anchor is using a stern anchor and tie the bows off to a convenient rock so you can step over the bow. But there are onks of places where you can swing at a bow anchor too.

Yes there are plenty of marinas, though with so many anchorages it's not necessary to visit them often. Prices throughout the Baltic tend to be between 10 and 15 Euros a night for a 10m boat. Tidal range is about a foot, though depths go up or down more according to wind direction. It's an extremely beautiful cruising area, must be one of the lovelisest in the world.

chrisc

Visit site
west of sweden ,plenty of moorings above gothenburg (and plenty of harbours too.) about 10-15 eu per night.
below gothenburg less mooring but still a fair few harbours .
the danish islands (below 56 deg ) lots of harbours and moorings .
above 56deg mainly harbours.
Recomend the danish publication 'Komma's Havne Lods'this has instructions for german harbours from Helgoland to polish border. swedish west coast from gothenburg to karlskrona and of course all danish harbours.(don't forget Bornholm is a danish island ,although along way east)this is a good pilot to have on board if you are only traversing this area on the way to the baltic proper.

pandroid

www.kissen.co.uk
There are loads of Anchorages in the archipelagos - in fact thats the main pont of going there. Swedes only use marinas to 'fill up'. There are fewer in Denmark and the southern Baltic but it can be done. We have a load about this on our website here

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Plenty of anchorages in Denmark - I typically anchored 4 nights out of 5.

Sweden has endless anchorages in the archipelagoes, but not many elsewhere. However, the Marinas are relatively cheap, especially if you choose the smaller ones.

In both Denmark and Sweden there are free publications available from the marina offices that list the harbours and give details of costs and facilities.

Sadlermike

Notionally Argyll but normally on boat away from h
Visit site
Upsides;
Plenty of anchorages (I used a marina once in six months)
Fabulous scenery; quite different from most places in Europe so I wasn't always making comparisons
Helpful people with English widely spoken
Safe - I never locked the yacht or worried about the dinghy
Swedish charts are the best I've known
Choice of offshore routes or passages inside the skerries

Downsides;
Cost of essentials (eg food)
A lot of motorboats creating wash
Distraction of nude sunbathers

trouville

N/A
Visit site
i cant wait to be there! lots of plus point, sounds far better than the med these days,where even the anchorages are full and MOBOs still roar through in arigant disregard not to mention the prices since the euro!

Im going to get some more walm cloths dig out my Musto kit and have a wonderful time!
Whats the wind like? Britain or Med??

trouville

N/A
Visit site
The MOBO lot should take note, barry and Janets sail boat is flying! very fast and without wash!! Very nice boat indeed.
Saunas well thats going to be again somthing new, i just hope im not expected to jump into cold water afterwards! im alergic to the cold, i comeout in bumps!

jenku

Visit site
Sure you will jump!!

Yes you are supposed to jump into the water afterwards! But don't worry, when you have been sitting in the sauna for some time you would not want to do anything else so no problem. You will jump to cool off.