Back with a new boat.

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Well we will be when it's ready next season.

Having sold Moondancer, partly due to lack of headroom, father in law and I have just bought Maestro, a Varne folkboat from Chrissie, who used to post on here.

Obviously, I failed to take headroom into account with the new purchase.

FIL is going to start working on her as she needs a fair bit of work, mostly just painting, cockpit lockers and interior lining. The engine, wiring, rigging and basics seem to be in reasonable condition. She's been dried out for the last 2 or 3 years so we will epoxy the bottom before she goes back in.

Looking forward to class 6 in Burnham Week 2015.

Last edited:

FullCircle

Visit site
Oh well done Brian, Chrissie really wanted that boat to go to a good home.

Think you will need to bung on some new sails to compete in Burnham Week though!

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Yes, they look to be nearly as old as the boat. I imagine that being a one design many of the sailmakers have them in as standard sizes.

I'm selling the liferaft that's stuck on the back of her through ebay, as soon as I can get it down. The liferaft is a canister one, only a few years old, but never serviced, should go for a couple of hundred?

The boat has lovely lines with, I think, a ballast ratio of over 50%. Might be a bit frustrated at not being able to plane downwind at 12 knots though.