Back from Oz

EASLOOP

Visit site
Had a great holiday in Oz. Even managed to get in some passenger/crew sailing on the Pittwater. It was The Summer Twilight Series Friday Points Score run by the Royal Motor Yacht Club. Affectionately known as the Chook Race. Everybody competing was awarded a frozen checken. 30 or so boats competed and we came 2nd or 3rd? The boat was a Catalina 38 called 'Sunshine'. First time for me racing hence the dual role. Great fun.
Now its back to work - there is always a down side.

oldsaltoz

Visit site
Look on the bright side John, at least you missed the category 5 cyclone travelling down the east coast.

It stayed about 200 Km off the coast thank god.

250 plus Kph winds, one trawler was still on the barrier reef, 3 souls aboard, the trawler is still floating but capsized, only one sole, the deck hand, has been found.

I managed to get some readings from the automatic weather stations on the reef, 80 knots and not that close to the cyclone.

Avagoodweekend......

DanTribe

Visit site
It's a bit hard coming back isn't it?
I found it took a few days to get back to UK unsocial habits, e.g. not making eye contact or greeting strangers in the street.
On my first day back I walked my granddaughters to school and got strange looks because I said good morning to the other parents.
Heathrow gives a good reminder of what the UK is like though, crowded, dirty and mostly broken.