Back Afloat.....

Dougal

Visit site
Can't wait...... By Thursday morning we'll be back on the boat in France after spending the winter months in smelly London.

I suffer with health problems which are always soooooo much better when we're on the boat. Beit the air, the climate, lack of city stress or whatever, sailing changes everything!!!

You really, really wanted to know that didn't you /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif yeh thought so /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

William_H

Visit site
Well by comparison our sailing season is coming to a close. Winter is approaching. Did a race for about 2.5 hours Sunday afternoon. temp was oK at about 23 degrees but that was cos the rain was coming. We had it seemed over 1 inch of rain during the race. There was also a strong wind warning. So we set off with reef in the main. The area of the mainsail that was rolled up collected so much water that it sagged in great bundlkes which occasionally dumped on the crew. We only had spray jackets (never need real wet gear) so came home drenched. Now I assumed this would be a day when everyone else stayed home cos of the weather and it would be an easy win for the seasons total. Unfortunately a few others thought the same way and we had 12 in club the fleet. 3 in our race. A handicap or pursuit start where we started last and 20 mins behind the first stater. (Cole 26) Fortunately we managed to catch them and chalked up a first and fastest. That made the very wet treatment bearable. (don't talk to me about the drought in Australia) (not here)
Anyway good luck to all my forum friends for the new season. olewill

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day Will,

just had a nice week in Cairns, averaged about 50 mm a day, rain, and a bit more in Rum.

If you want it green it must be wet from time to time.

Auto pilot has thrown in the towel, parts on way ex UK, god only knows when they will arrive? Then I have to work out how to wire them in to replace an older control unit with a much later one, all Raymarine gear so should be OK (I hope).

Avagoodweekend......