B&G Network WIND 496 Masthead Unit

Mainsail 1000

Visit site
Hi Shortjohnsilver and gregcope. Thanks for that. I have been onto to the supplier talked about in this post and he has confirmed he has one in stock so I will be going upto the yacht later to confirm serial numbers. The picture he has on his site looks different to the PCB from what I can remember but it is a 496 units so I want to check the plug on the board is the same. Was your ones just a plug and play unit ? Or did you have to swap any of the wiring around ?
Thanks

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Hi Shortjohnsilver and gregcope. Thanks for that. I have been onto to the supplier talked about in this post and he has confirmed he has one in stock so I will be going upto the yacht later to confirm serial numbers. The picture he has on his site looks different to the PCB from what I can remember but it is a 496 units so I want to check the plug on the board is the same. Was your ones just a plug and play unit ? Or did you have to swap any of the wiring around ?
Thanks
It was a straight swap, no wiring changed, just plugged new pcb straight in.

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Yes, we have had our 2000 Beneteau 36cc ten years this year. She’s a good boat for us, as my wife although enjoys the sailing side of it and jumps about with fenders and ropes when needed. Although it’s really a single handed arrangement where I pretty much do the rest. Works for us though and means that she still likes to come along, rather than having no interest and staying at home.
We’ll go off for two three weeks sometimes just hopping about from river to river on the East Coast and manage to get through without arguing and with the marriage still intact, so, suits me. The boat is a very comfortable space for two and occasional visitors.
There are things that need refreshing, renewing and replacing of course and as you know the B&G network system is getting old, but I’ve managed to nurse through and there are always improvements that +an be made.
To wind, she’s not as quick as some, but off the wind she starts to go and as long as I keep her on as much of an even keel as I can, she’ll perform pretty well. They’re strong boats for an AWB and I’ve sailed her in eights and nines and always felt totally safe and confident. Not by choice though!
A good boat, that ticks quite a few boxes for us and enough to be planning an around the UK circumnavigation in her, probably 2023, to include the Ireland East Coast, the Outer Hebrides and Orkneys.