Aw....s*d it....

No Regrets

Visit site
After a weekend ruined by Reds, I'm going to go down to T&K tonight anyway, do a few boaty tasks and drink a bottle of bubbly while the sun sets.

In the morning it will be nice and sunny while the river is as calm as a millpond.

And if it isn't, I'll point Shamby upstream roll on a few revs and sit stationary for an hour or so before berthing her up again..... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

So if anybodies at Thames and Kenet marina, Cheers /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Gavi

Visit site
Not very calm here!

img170.jpg

No Regrets

Visit site
Hmmm....a quiet night aboard, and quite calm this morning, so we thought a swift foray down the River would be a good laugh...(Bear with my sense of humour)

Sonning Bridge...do we go under or over?

DSC00097.jpg

Believe it or not, we managed to get a whole Boat under this a month or so ago...

DSC00099.jpg

All starting to get a bit hairy on the bendy bits...

23-07-07_0814.jpg

As expected, the flow was around 4-5 kts there were some spectacular new lakes where there used to be fields, and we didn't see anybody else stupid enough to be boating.

The Rio handled fine, that said, as she has a short hull (Despite the extended porpoise-like bows and 'that' bathing platform making her around 7.2 metres overall) and a perky 160bhp Diesel, so I figured as long as I kept midstream and watched the flotsam things would be relatively safe.

Turning downstream into the Marina entrance was obviously a no-no, so I had to go past it, turn and then crab in with a handful of throttle.

It was fun, and there were some interesting sights /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sammo

Visit site
Its OK for now as it`s just to the right of the picture …..I think It will be alright as the river will need to come up another 5` after it reaches the hard to float it …..luckily it was chocked up a bit higher than normal to do the antifouling…..

CIMG0407.jpg

anyway it`s not allowed to float away….I`m still waiting for the licence.