Auxilary engine bracket on Beneteau Antares 710 anybody?

HarryMacI

Visit site
Hi,

Thinking of putting an auxilary engine bracket on the back of my Beneteau Antares 710. The guy I bought it off put the bracket high up on one side at transom, not a very good job as there wasnst any great backing plate and it was stressing the gelcoat, another point when I lowered it was that it was just covering the cavation plate and no more. So it if were to lower it again the bracket mounting plate is near the the seams of the uppper and lower mould of the boat tried this and just didnt like it. Now I have a number of holes that I refilled with gelcoat, would like the corner of the boat regelcoat to take out the stress cracks, job for a professional I think.

I am now thinking placement transom center line at rear near water line. Theres a slight curve across the rear of the transom, so some sort of backing plate or marine ply internal and external, just want to make sure I get right..dont need any more unnessary holes!

Failing all this a small emergency rib might be the one!

Mariner 5hp long shaft auxilary..

Thanks in advance, any info thoughts etc..

Harry (...still learning novice!)

Bouba

Visit site
Hi Harry, I’m assuming that you don’t have a swim platform on your Antares. Since you are planning to do a lot of transom work, it might be an idea to look at the feasibility of fitting a swim platform. It would certainly make it easier to put an auxiliary engine bracket on

HarryMacI

Visit site
Any contacts for suitable swim platforms in the UK?..tried contacting Beneteau dealer here in Irealnd a few times but never got back to me, not much on the secondhand market either from what I can see..

Thanks

Harry