Autohelm ST50 Wind Speed Transducer Spares, NOT bearings

paulrae

Visit site
It's a long story that I won't bore you with, but I've managed to lose the magnet from the end of the wind speed shaft within the mast-head transducer, following stripping it down. It's shown in the picture in link below on the left-hand side.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=d57b857b59d08b86&id=D57B857B59D08B86!1832&sff=1

I've tried contacting a few parts stockists who've been unable to supply me with one. Ditto the forum's "Wanted" page.

I've been offered 25% trade-in against a reconditioned transducer, but I'm not sure that I want to pay nearly £200, given that I've done without it for 18 months.

Any suggestions for a possible source, or does anyone have a U/S transducer or part that they'd be prepared to sell me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

paulrae

Visit site
It was stored in a box with lots of other bits and pieces while we were decorating. No no longer in the box, probably stuck to something that was removed at some point in the past.

Not sure whether it's simply a disc magnet, or is 'segmented' in some way to give a pulse to the pick-up sensor in the transducer. My suspicion is the latter.

Has anyone disassembled the transducer lately who can remember what the magnet was like?

paulrae

Visit site
Thanks for the further response.

The post does help, as picture 11 has the item that I've lost. It's the whole magnet assembly that's mounted on the end of the anemometer shaft. Looks like it's four magnets winthin a plastic housing which slips onto the end of the shaft.

My own searches turned up your Ebay supplier, but infortunately he doesn't have this part. I'm also waiting for a response from Tinley Electronics.

paulrae

Visit site
An update,in case anyone else finds themselves in the same predicament.

Tninley supply the magnet assembly and the shaft together. Arrived and now fitted. Happy and relieved. Hopefully I've reassembeld it correctly - we'll see when we go back into the water on Saturday.