Audiobooks

SAWDOC

Visit site
not sure if this is what you had in mind but I can thoroughly recommend BBC Radio 4 production of Homer's Odyssey dramatised by Simon Armitage and a very good job he made of it too - very accessible, very vivid and definitely worthwhile - along with slocum the sailing adventure

ISBN 0-563-52549-5

out_to_sea

Visit site
Thanks for the link, I've got 7 flights to make in 5 weeks so this should hopefully fill up some time /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know any other audio book titles that are free, but if I come across any I will let you know

Cheers
Andy

tim_ber

Visit site
Can't help I'm sorry.

But may I say thank you, and what a great source of info this forum is.

Just about to go and continue to search your link for some good books.
Have a good evening.
Tim

Santana379

Visit site
I have "The Riddle of the Sands" on CD, read by Dermott Kerrigan, and Griff Rhys Jones reading "To The Baltic With Bob". I thoroughly enjoyed both, more than once.

We also have all 12 of the Arthur Ransome books on CD, and the 9 of those which have so far been converted to CD. They are beautifully read by Gabriel Woolf. Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you like Ransome, quite brilliant.

On cassette we also have Ellen MacArthur reading her "Taking on the World" - a bit dry, and Libby Purves reading her "One Summer's Grace" - really enjoyable.

SAWDOC

Visit site
Aprt from the goon shows anything else interesting there - I'm a litle reluctant to sign on for another server unless its worth it - any sailing content?

Poignard

Visit site
I have downloaded some of the Librivox recordings from Booksshouldbefree.com but most are spoilt by the standard of reading. Most of the readers have weak and very monotonous voices and sound like machines . It is churlish to complain when the readers are volunteers and the books are free but having an audiobook read by a professional actor makes a fantastic difference. I have some Le Carre books read by Michael Jayston and although expensive, they are really enjoyable to listen to whereas the Librivox audiobook "Sailing Alone Around the World" , for example, would send you to sleep in no time.