Astondoa opinions

MapisM

Visit site
Is it possible to lock one side off permanently and just use the other anchor all the time with this arrangement?
Yes it is. In fact, that's what the new owner of my old lady now does.
Me, I always preferred to alternate the anchors, just for sake of keeping all parts exercised, but that's indeed a way to simplify the handling. (y)

MapisM

Visit site
Is this set up an easy to upgrade system?
Nope. As jfm said, everything is possible, but that would be VERY difficult, also for structural reasons.
I know nothing of the AS72 deck construction, but typically it is strengthened underneath, wherever a winch is supposed to be mounted.
I'd be extremely surprised if it that deck would be man enough to support two winches on the sides of the centerline.

Besides, it's not an upgrade worth doing.
I mean, annoying it is for good, but I lived with it for 17 years, so don't make too much of my warning, if you really like the rest of the AS72 (I don't, must admit).
And BJB suggestion makes a lot of sense, I must say - maybe just using the "other" anchor now and then, just to be sure it doesn't get stuck somehow.

Elessar

Visit site
Dear forum, currently I own a Sunseeker Predator 55. I am considering upgrading to a larger boat with a flybridge for summer vacations in the Mediterranean. The options I am considering are a 2003 Ferreti 72 or a 2007 Astondoa 72/82. There isn't much information available about these boats. Could you please share your thoughts?
Don’t know anything about them but had to post a photo of where I was sat when I read the post.
Cockpit small for a boat of its size.
IMG_2132.jpeg

red124

Visit site
Well, it´s almost done.

Astondoa is very widespread here in Spain. My trusted mechanic inspected the unit, and the maintenance had been carried out by a renowned mechanic in Mallorca. I'm quite pleased; the unit is practically flawless, and the minor imperfections inside will be addressed by the shipyard itself. The after-sales service seems impeccable.

It´s

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Well, it´s almost done.

Astondoa is very widespread here in Spain. My trusted mechanic inspected the unit, and the maintenance had been carried out by a renowned mechanic in Mallorca. I'm quite pleased; the unit is practically flawless, and the minor imperfections inside will be addressed by the shipyard itself. The after-sales service seems impeccable.

It´s
Any update?