Arrival times

dralex

Visit site
When is everyone planning to arrive in Cherbourg. It's a bit further from where we are especially as I want to hit the east going tides for the Cherbourg approach, unlike you Solenters who will have the textbook east and west cancelling out. I suspect we're going to arrive very late Friday night/ Saturday morning.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
13:00 might be a bit of a push for me, cos I'm meant to be in London in the morning, but I am open to persuasion if the greater good of the majority requires it.

Steve: who's this "fine crew" of whom you speak? I thought you'd shipped a couple of no-hopers? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cutter

Visit site
dep Gosport 2330 Thursday eve for the St Vaast left hook. Arr as gates open, snooze, try for 4 of the 5 shushes (shave, shower, [--word removed--], shag and champagne) meal at Fuschias, leave after lunch Sat and arr in Chbg for the orgy. Home Sunday.
see you there

G

Solenter ... and slow boat !!

HW Friday about 1500 local time ..... out from Chichester Hbr .... expect 2kt easterly flow for first half of crossing, then slack in middle about midnight / 0100 saturday .... turning to 2 kts westerly for rest till just off from French coast where easterly strong set can be experienced up to 3kts. Expect arrive Cherbourg about midday saturday .... slurping first beer (on land that is ...) at about 1400 !!

Slip lines as early sunday as poss to chase back to Solent ..... berthed am monday ...