Arran Folk Festival 2011

OGITD

Visit site
The 17th Arran Folk Festival takes place fromThursday 9 June to Sunday 12 June 2011 in and around Brodick on the Isle of Arran.

So who's attending this event..... could be the makings of a good muster!

Why not have an open event onboard the largest of the fleet on the moorings?

Last edited:

OGITD

Visit site
Live music.... at its best!

I believe there might just be some quality unplugged (so they can actually play and sing…. some novelty these days…eh!) groups and individuals…… definitely not to be missed….. and an easier sail back for me on the Monday. :)

OGITD

Visit site
Great!

I'll mark it in the diary. Might manage one night.

Great Spyro,

I’m hoping to be in Brodick…. but if there’s no spaces I’ll probably be at Lamlash. Hoping to sail over on the Thursday evening with Patrick as crew.
Bring your guitar & we could have our own session…… rusty nails & curry will be provided. :)

OG.

Spyro

Visit site
Great Spyro,

I’m hoping to be in Brodick…. but if there’s no spaces I’ll probably be at Lamlash. Hoping to sail over on the Thursday evening with Patrick as crew.
Bring your guitar & we could have our own session…… rusty nails & curry will be provided. :)

OG.

What doyou mean no spaces? Haven't you got an anchor :):)

OGITD

Visit site
I do have all the basics

What doyou mean no spaces? Haven't you got an anchor :):)

Hmmmmm!..... I do… (now don’t laugh) a CQR with 15mtrs of 8mm chain & 15mtrs of warp + an angel….. but I just don’t like leaving her out of sight whilst at anchor. :( :eek:

Kingscross in a few weeks & no option..... but I do keep her in sight. :)

Last edited:

still.sailing

Visit site
Hi guys - it would be great to have a few people sailing across to come and take part in the sessions. The first one is at the Ormidale Hotel on Friday 10th June at 1:30pm. The Saturday and Sunday sessions are both a little closer to the moorings in Ormidale Park and we have arranged for Taste of Araan to be in attendance as well as a licensed bar - should be a good couple of afternoons playing.
All the sessions are free to attend but if any of you would like to come to the evening concerts then email me on jon@arranevents.com and i'll do you a deal (i'm a yachtsman myself but i'm not sailing this year as i'm running the folk festival!!).
hope to see you on Arran.
cheers
Jon