Are my flares in date?

Alpha22

Visit site

I have these flares, they came with the boat. I am mainly based on the inland waterways, but have the oportunity to go to sea in a few weeks. I don't want to shell out for a new pack, for them to sit and go out of date in a few more years.

I'm hoping that the numbers mean that they were manufactured in 2006 and expire in 2012. What do the members think?

If they are out of date, is it really worth buying a new set? The trip will be totally in daylight hours, less than 5 miles offshore.

colingr

Visit site
December 2006 expiry.

Do you need a set? Well it depends if you're intending to have a problem. Doesn't matter if its 5 miles or 5 metres offshore really.

What do they cost in relation to being on a sinking boat with no means of attracting attention?

That's my opinion of course, other opinions are available. ;)

www.maplemarine.com
Replace,

Ask when you go into the chandler if they will take these ones of your hands. If they say no walk out and find one that will. It is much easier than the hassle of going to the coastguard to get rid of them.

Last edited:

Alpha22

Visit site
please explain, do they set them off down a burrow ????

Nar, strap them to the back of the rabbit with gaffa tape, ignite and ...kerpow!! no rabbit!!

I guessed that the 2006-12 would be December 2006, but was hoping......!!!!

OK so it's off to the chandlers for a new set and think of November .... No of course I wouldn't.