Are boaters better drivers?

G

My first time ...

was on the M27 dashing between boat yards looking at boats. Unmarked car followed me so no mapping system would have helped. Clocked me at 90 odd which was quite lucky because I'd just been doing well over that in our 3rd in the recent JD Power survey.

Just a few months later on a road we travel only once a year, we were caught by a fixed camera. Normally we do that trip on a Saturday when the traffic is stop-start. But Sunday morning there was nothing on the road down this steepish hill when 40 odd didn't seem out of order. I'd have been alright were it not that she who must be obeyed complains about the radar detector squarking at tractors and supermarket scanners, so I'd turned it off.

After those two in quick succession, I've realised how easily I could lose my licence so I now drive very strictly to the limits.

New CDs for our sat/nav system are about £250 a time but if they'd incorporate camera positions, this could be a bargain. I'll have a look at the site you mention. Thanks

G

Blue Mercs, no problem. Actually I am not a agressive driver, honest, in fact I am a firm believer in not tailgateing, not flashing, and leaving at least 2-3 seconds gap between vehicles.

Actually Longjohn, I do try to be as considerate as possible when driving, and find that if you do this you can still make good progress, but not arrived stressed out and full of road rage.

We will be departing in an hour or so for the Easter treck down the M5, so if you keep your eyes open then you can check on my progress.

Take care and have a good easter.