Aquador 25c

Elessar

Visit site
The original builder's certificate for my Aquador 25Ce from the Bella yard in Finland, and the builder's plate on the boat, both say Category "B".

I would say that a significant limitation in terms of the boat's safe use is the single engine and absence of provision for an auxiliary engine. For that reason, I am currently fitting a folding outboard motor bracket on the stern platform. The boat has, as standard, a hinged hatch there that should accommodate it neatly. Beneath that hatch is fitted, as standard, a locker for the optional stern anchor rode, although that anchor is not usually fitted on UK boats.
People over worry about this IMO. I've did many cross channel trips in my 28ft single engined bayliner. Boats very rarely fail mid journey unless it's fuel which will kill both engines or a fishing net wrap which often gets both. A single in a small boat is far more likely to be well maintained as access is better, and allows for on the water repairs to impellers/belts/filters.

An auxillary adds complication and weight, and the need to carry dangerous petrol. On balance my risk assessment says you are better off without.

Agree good and duplicated anchor arrangements are a good investment.