Aphrodite

tsmyth

Visit site
From a newpaper report in Australia on Saturday last.

Aphrodite, a Beneteau Oceanis 311, has gone missing. The new owner employed one Adam J. Clarkson ("an English yachtie") to deliver it within 15 days. The boat was last seen in Cairns on 4 November. It has been reported as stolen. The owner, a Paul McLachan of Mooloolaba, is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to recovery.

Poor sod.

Ray

<hr width=100% size=1>Heat Wave

tugboat

Visit site
Could be Mr Clarkson is 'the poor sod'. Maybe he's chatting to Davy Jones as a result of a catastrophic failure of Mr McLachan's boat. Seems unfair to prejudge without knowing all the facts.

<hr width=100% size=1>

B

bob_tyler

If he hit the barrier reef he may be having a problem?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Rick

Visit site
Seems Mr Clarkson got a backpacker to crew for him - she left the boat in Cairns, and was so distressed, wouldn't go back for her bags or laptop. Seems something fishy was going on. Police are now searching for boat. Locals suggest he's hiding up a creek somewhere, working out how to "re-birth" the yacht to head to Asia, or he's ditched it and done a runner.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tsmyth

Visit site
I must say that I am embarrased in that I dod not recognize the possibility suggested by Kim. I am afraid that I simply accepted the newpaper version - I should have more sense.

On the other hand, the account did report that the matter had been reported to the police, and I assume that they would have checked on the possibliy of the vessel being in distress.

Incidentally, in case anyone is in doubt, I was not having a "shot" at the yachtie because he is English. I am a Brit.

The report did include the comment that "Allegedly an altercation occurred with a female deckhand and now the boat has disappeared".

Ray

<hr width=100% size=1>Heat Wave