Anyone still using a Yeoman plotter is welcome to mine

A771CUS

Visit site
I have stopped sailing but still have a Yeoman Plotter Sport complete with the "mouse" and a power/data cable, but without the aerial. I don't know if it still works (it will certainly need a new battery) but it did when I last used it some years ago and has been kept indoors since. If anyone wants it, they are welcome to have it free of charge and just pay for the postage, or it can be collected from me near Gatwick Airport. If not - its off to the tip with it!

Gwylan

Visit site
There's another one here for anyone who is interested.
Has old Philips GPS and vintage GPS aerial. All the documents and circuit diagrams.
System cost £4k when previous owner installed it.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I, too, have a Yeoman Sport (and a Phillips AP4 Navigator GPS) that anyone is welcome to have for the cost of postage.

The front and top edge of the Yeoman is somewhat UV damaged (it lived on a nav table under a lot of windows in a motor sailer wheelhouse). As a result (a) the binding around the edge has come partly adrift, but could be glued back in place (or replaced with gaffa tape); (b) the surface fabric on the top edge is frayed; and (c) the clear plastic sleeve for the chart is not very clear, but useable (this sleeve could easily be replaced using sprayhood window material, available in various thicknesses from sailmakers or their suppliers). I believe it to be working as it was still in place and plugged in when I acquired the boat from the deceased previous owner, but didn't think to check it before I changed the connections at the other end of the cables to fit a plotter I already owned.

I did switch on the Phillips GPS, though, and this gave a position but the incorrect date. I did investigate this briefly at the time through previous YBW threads, and vaguely recall that replacing the internal back-up battery might solve the date issue.

PM me if you're interested.

old grumpy

Visit site
I, too, have a Yeoman Sport (and a Phillips AP4 Navigator GPS) that anyone is welcome to have for the cost of postage.

The front and top edge of the Yeoman is somewhat UV damaged (it lived on a nav table under a lot of windows in a motor sailer wheelhouse). As a result (a) the binding around the edge has come partly adrift, but could be glued back in place (or replaced with gaffa tape); (b) the surface fabric on the top edge is frayed; and (c) the clear plastic sleeve for the chart is not very clear, but useable (this sleeve could easily be replaced using sprayhood window material, available in various thicknesses from sailmakers or their suppliers). I believe it to be working as it was still in place and plugged in when I acquired the boat from the deceased previous owner, but didn't think to check it before I changed the connections at the other end of the cables to fit a plotter I already owned.

I did switch on the Phillips GPS, though, and this gave a position but the incorrect date. I did investigate this briefly at the time through previous YBW threads, and vaguely recall that replacing the internal back-up battery might solve the date issue.

old grumpy

Visit site

Trying to send pm

old grumpy

Visit site