Anyone recognise what model Colvic this is?

theoldsalt

Visit site
Last edited:

jwilson

Visit site
It's definitely not a Colvic Countess 28 - hull foredeck upturn on the moulding and general hull form significantly different. It MIGHT be a Colvic 26 Sailer, but the photos is so awful it's difficult to be sure. Remember that with Colvics you cannot rely on window shape/type/placement as so many were fitted out from bare mouldings with no window cutouts.

Arcady

Visit site
Actually I think the seller is correct. If it's the boat I think it is, it's a Colvic, it's 28 feet long and a bilge keeler, but definitely not a Countess. I'm not sure I ever knew the model designation.

VicS

Visit site
Actually I think the seller is correct. If it's the boat I think it is, it's a Colvic, it's 28 feet long and a bilge keeler, but definitely not a Countess. I'm not sure I ever knew the model designation.

but its only a 25 ft hull plus a bowsprit.

Some new pictures have been uploaded but they could be of anything.

Seajet

Visit site
There was the ' Colvic Sailor 26 ', a barely disguised attempt to replicate the format of the Centaur, but they couldn't pull it off, I think the relative sales numbers say it all.

Think there was a 28' later, but the boat in the photo doesn't look like it to me.

Didn't the Countess start off at 33' as a Westerly 33 / Discus lookalike ( given a brief glance ! ) ?

Fimacca

Visit site
I have been a a few colvics, but none looked like this....... Much more solid and higher hulls. Can't be 28 feet........
I see a much better buy and something I would rather trust, the Hurley 22 going for pennies next to it on ebay. Been in an 8 with one of those, great wee boats.

Tranona

Visit site
I have been a a few colvics, but none looked like this....... Much more solid and higher hulls. Can't be 28 feet........
I see a much better buy and something I would rather trust, the Hurley 22 going for pennies next to it on ebay. Been in an 8 with one of those, great wee boats.

Not everybody sees going out in a F8 as particularly important, and if looking at a boat like the one in question is probably more interested in space for their family.

Fimacca

Visit site
But if you are caught out in one ( as i was off skye in the days when all you had was a patchy and intermittent vhf forecast) and heading in for cover.... it is nice to know that the boat will handle well and deal with it. It is not anything you would want to go looking for......