Anyone popping into the Old Forge at Inverie this week?

fifer

Visit site
Good to hear you got it back!
We won't be there until 3rd week of August but hoping for a repeat of last year's weather where we could have been in Greece.
Speaking of Greece this time next week we'll be there.
Do you know if/when the kitchen will be open?

Drinks only for 2022 according to the website but they do do filled rolls.

We're at the old forge just now and the session is on. The pub is busy and its great craic.

If you're passing through try and time it to catch the live music.

pmartin127

Visit site
Thanks Humblebee - good to know there are other food outlets. For such a remote place it seems it has quite a range of choice.

Thanks also to fifer for the pic of the session and also the tip about catching the live music. From the website it's Sunday for the music and we join the boat
in Mallaig on the Saturday so that could be a option (skipper permitting...)

jdc

Visit site
The closure of pubs or hotels in the NW is, sadly, gathering apace as far as I can tell: these last couple of days we went into Badcall Bay, to find that the hotel, although still open, has got so up itself that visitors are not welcome for a meal or drink. So we sailed next day to loch Ewe and anchored off Aultbea, where it transpires the hotel owner did a midnight flit back in April and it's been closed since. This evening in Badachro - yet to find out but if it runs true to form the inn will be unexpectedly closed (but I hope not as I'm getting thirsty).

Edit: I am pleased - and slightly tipsy - to report that all is indeed well at the Badachro Inn!

Last edited:

fifer

Visit site
The closure of pubs or hotels in the NW is, sadly, gathering apace as far as I can tell: these last couple of days we went into Badcall Bay, to find that the hotel, although still open, has got so up itself that visitors are not welcome for a meal or drink. So we sailed next day to loch Ewe and anchored off Aultbea, where it transpires the hotel owner did a midnight flit back in April and it's been closed since. This evening in Badachro - yet to find out but if it runs true to form the inn will be unexpectedly closed (but I hope not as I'm getting thirsty).

Edit: I am pleased - and slightly tipsy - to report that all is indeed well at the Badachro Inn!

Good to hear you got a beer. I wonder if staffing is the issue at Badcall i.e. they simply can't cope with more than a very minimal number of visitors. The dreaded B word will be a big factor if this is the case.