Anyone know a good mechanic near Ayamonte?

White Angel

Visit site
I anchored this evening near Isla Culatra, and my throttle cable broke. It's a Volvo 2030, but the cable is generic, not a VP part. I'm headed towards Ayamonte. Anyone know/recommend a good mechanic there?

Plan b is Vilamoura so any recommendations there also welcome.

Thanks

Heckler

Visit site
I anchored this evening near Isla Culatra, and my throttle cable broke. It's a Volvo 2030, but the cable is generic, not a VP part. I'm headed towards Ayamonte. Anyone know/recommend a good mechanic there?

Plan b is Vilamoura so any recommendations there also welcome.

Thanks
They are dead easy to change, they are generic and come in sizes in half mtr divisions. Ayamar chandlery should have them in stock and John, if still available would probably point you in the right direction if you cant do it yourself.
Stu

GrahamM376

Visit site
There are a few outboard and engine repairers in Olhao and I wouldn't be surprised if they stock or can get cables in. Maybe worth a trip over on the ferry or dinghy. If no joy, could get the train from there to Vila Real and the ferry across to Ayamar at Ayamonte.

White Angel

Visit site
Given the wind speed 5-6 and direction (N-NE) I figured it would be easier to go to Vilamoura so am headed there now. I've spoken to someone there and should be able to get it sorted. I'm single handed so parking will be fun, but at least there's more room there... I've jury rigged a throttle control with a bit string and a lot of prayer.