Anyone had problems with B&G Vulcans ?

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
B&G were great and sent me a new unit. Lots of features I liked. Lots I did not need or could not use. Actually I’m thinking of getting a new one. Anyone got any feedback on the broadband radar
Steveeasy
The 3G and 4G radars are well known to die after a couple of years, mine died 2 weeks out of warranty. The Halo 20+ is excellent and no reports so far of early demise.

wonkywinch

Visit site
The 3G and 4G radars are well known to die after a couple of years, mine died 2 weeks out of warranty. The Halo 20+ is excellent and no reports so far of early demise.
If you push B&G hard enough, you can get 50% off a new Halo model if your 3G/4G fails even outside of the warranty so widespread is the issue with this heap of junk unit.

The B&G Facebook group has reports of this discount across the world.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
If you push B&G hard enough, you can get 50% off a new Halo model if your 3G/4G fails even outside of the warranty so widespread is the issue with this heap of junk unit.

The B&G Facebook group has reports of this discount across the world.
I got 50% of the original purchase price off the Halo20+, not fantastic but given the dearth of radars around in 2021 post covid probably not too bad.

Fimacca

Visit site
I inherited 2x v9 in the boat. I had to swop them round as the cockpit unit shut down in the sun - in the UK !!
The 4G radar still works.
I would not buy them......there must be better out there.

lustyd

Visit site
I would not buy them......there must be better out there.
The Zeus 3s is a lot faster than the Vulcan. Agree I wouldn't buy a Vulcan again it's frustratingly slow. I recently tried a Garmin at Marinesuperstore and despite being cheaper was exceptionally fast interface and seemed to have all of the features and more. If buying again I'd certainly move to Garmin over B&G.

mrangry

Visit site
I have had a vulcan now for over 3 years of hard use in Scotland and have had no issues. I do however notice the screen getting very hot on summer days.