Anyone for Yarmouth?

Cutter

Visit site
Call me old and boring but looking at Thursday's chart - which changes every time I look - it seems increasingly unlikely that we will cross Thurs night. Fri may be better but sea state likely to be lumpy.
Sat chart looks like no wind but what do I know?
How about a back up or alternative cruise for the lame, blind or unadventous? Have always enjoyed Yarmouth and we should all get in. Alternatively we could all go to Tome's for a cross dressing experience.
What do you think?

<hr width=100% size=1>

CaptainCava

Visit site
It's not looking brilliant............
but then it could be worse.

I felt quite cold today and I was only in Chertsey!

Yarmouth doesn't sound very adventurous. If anyone did opt for a softer option, how about Poole?

<hr width=100% size=1>

dom

Visit site
I agree that the weather looks a little uncertain. Certainly with a potential high forming over the Azores and a depression over Scandanavia everything is a bit uncertain. The thing is it could be a rather rough w/e or just perfect with reaches in both directions. In unstable situations like this it is usual that forecasts get much more accurate over the 2-3 day horizon rather than the 3-5 day one. We probably won't get a clear idea until 0500 (met office update time after overnight run) Thursday. I hve just looked and at the moment the different weather models e.g. ENCEPS and NOGAPS are very different. Who knows? I certainly don't in that I have never known a summer with so many unpredicted blows!

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by dom on 21/09/2004 21:47 (server time).</FONT></P>

bedouin

Visit site
Where are people checking for their forecasts - my usual sources (weatheronline.co.uk, onlineweather.com, metcheck) all suggest nothing over F4 for Friday - Sunday?

My only concern now is that some of the forecasts give a N F3 for Sunday - which is not ideal for the return.

<hr width=100% size=1>

dom

Visit site
Just this second seen theyr.net's update and they seem to agree with you!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Talbot

Visit site
This seems rather nice for friday:
brack1a.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Nickel

Visit site
Not tempting fate. Holding huge chunk of wood to forehead:

The synoptics seem to be improving with each issue, and happily even converging slightly. Friday's looking okay to me - Saturday possibly very still, Sunday still a quesiton mark, but doesn't look like gales.

<hr width=100% size=1>Nickel

Being paranoid simply means - having all the facts.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Dear Old and Boring,

Per my post in response to Chris Enstone, I am definitely planning to go across based on the information available today. Plenty of time to change my mind of course, and I am not too big to do so !!

Looking forward to meeting you again - somewhere

Regards
Young and Excitable.

<hr width=100% size=1>Sex is like sailing - its not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean which matters.