Anyone experience of Costa Brava?

HowardB

Visit site
I'm suffering with 'short season, damn cold' syndrome and the grass is definately looking greener with air fares so cheap if chosen carefully. (It can cost more to go to Southampton by train than fly to Alicante). Does anyone have experience of the Med in that area? No tides appeals too

Moorings? costs? legalities etc

Russell

Visit site
We've had a sail boat there 4 the last couple of years, first just south of Barcelona and now in Estartit. Have a look at http://www.cnestartit.es/index_eng.htm for the rates. Estartit is dear but then it is in a prime position.
Legalities no problem, just an ICC will do.
Where u leave the boat depends 2 some extent on how u want 2 get 2 it from the airport. The commuter line runs from the airport along the coast as far as Blanes, and a couple of the marinas have staitons right outside. I think Mataro is 1 of them. The trains r dirt cheap and reliable, theres a map here
http://www.renfe.es/ingles/empresa/cercanias/gif_barcelona.html
If I had a power boat down there I would leave it in one of these marinas and within an hour u could b playing north of Blanes where the best coastline is.

MedDreamer

Visit site
What about telling us where we may be able to get a mooring on an annual rental basis and how much for a 9m sportscruiser

Martyn

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
I'm not sure where the Costa Brava starts but the north east coast (Salvadore Dali country) is fantastic. We have berthed at the sleepy town of Llanca and the razamataz of Ampuriabrava which is a huge canal style marina complex. Port Llegat is beautiful which is just round the bend to Cadacez (spelling??)
Estatit is great which, if you like diving or snokling, has a fish reserve island (Medas I think) which is teaming (the fish seem to know!)
Great area
David

HowardB

Visit site
I have managed to find mooring info from Denia, which has extended its marina and has space, but little or no hard standing. I understand that Majorca, Menorca are always over full for those wishing to go island hopping. Space too at Altea which will be extended despite objections from Greenpeace folks who don't like stinkies. Otherwise generally very full in that region I think...

MedDreamer

Visit site
Have you looked at Javea, Calpe and Moraira? - They always look full too.
Having said that the Costa Brava sounds very interesting.

Martyn

HowardB

Visit site
Came back from there yesterday. Moraira is full to busting, with membership only, more members than berths, and closed membership list sadly. Javea full too. Possibilities at Calpe. Prices seem comparable with South coast UK for moorings. I only got hold of prices for 12x4 metre berth at Denia, about 11.5 euros per day paid monthly (less 10% if you pay all up front for the year). plus metered water and electric.

banus

Visit site
Hi Martin
9 m is difficult. 8 metres in Puerto Banus is 3000 euro a year. If your boat has a beam of less tha 2.6 metres it will usually go on an 8. Bit late in the year to find one thhis summer but worth a try. Next size 12 m is 5250 euro,s in banus but almost impossoble at anytime. Check out puertojosebanus.com all prices plus tax at 16%

jeff

MedDreamer

Visit site
Thanks Jeff

Unfortunately my beam is 3m (actually the boat not me Do you know anywhere else in the Malaga area worth considering)?

Martyn

banus

Visit site
Lots of marina ectensions going on along the coast. 1000 new berths in Marbella Pesquera,600 for Banus, You need to work like hell to get a berth anywhere there but the general Idea is go in December and try and get in quick. I know for one for sale in Banus 12m x 3.4 135000 euro,s. Ouch

<hr width=100% size=1>