Anyone at Kyson Point next few days?

MrCramp

Visit site
Westerly Tiger, 25ft, red sail cover, creamy/white hull with red boot-top, is moored on the orange bouy nearest the beach at Kyson Point near the path from Woodbridge to Martlesham Creek.

She is moored in a "hole" but she was touching last weekend at low water and I am concerned whether she will continue to do so at low waters. If anyone is either walking the path, or on the water, when the tide is low, I would appreciate their observations. A pal had a Westerly Discus with similar draft there 2 years ago and she was OK, so maybe it was just the exceptional wind direction and strength last weekend that was causing the problem.

Slightly concerned and will definately move her down to Ramsholt within the month.

Neil_M

home.btconnect.com
I now 'commute' in the tender from Eversons, past Kyson Pt down to my mooring near Methersgate. Will keep an eye open when going past, though unlikely to be doing it at LW as even my little outboard grounds up there then if I'm not careful!

chris505

Visit site
Hi Were were on Kyson today 3pm. Your boat was just afloat didnt look as though it had been over. As it is neeps at the moment should be OK untill next week when it will be springs.

MrCramp

Visit site
Thanks for the report back, and also for Morzen's watchful eye. My son brought the boat back from Falmouth 18/25 April. My boat is in Martlesham Creek Boatyard and the mooring is their's. It was convenient for the boat to be near where I was working on mine, but if the mooring proves unsuitable then son will move his boat to my Ramsholt mooring.