Anybody know the history of Eridani II?

tillergirl

Visit site
The new owner of Eridani II (not yet a Forum member) is seeking any information he can get on the background of his recent purchase. He believes she to have been built at Wyatt's at West Mersea in 1957. She is 29ft 4 loa and has a bumkin.

Anyone know her. Currently in Bristol.

Thanks

EridaniII.jpg

eilarose

Visit site
Eridani II was built at WM Wyatts in 1957 to a design by John Sloggett in 1979 she was owned by Mr & Mrs Lomax & a Dr S n Lawson & her home Port was Gosport

eilarose

Visit site
There is something very peculiar about this yacht she is listed in the 1979 Lloyds Register & it says she was built by Wyatts, the listing shows no previous names, so she should appear in previous editions. I have the 64 68 & 71 editions but she doesn't.
In the 1979 edition she is shown on the Wyatt's build list but not in the others.
Presumably there is a mistake in th '79 edition & she was built by someone else or she has had name change that was not recorded.
I have been through the Wyatt list for 1964 the first one I have after she was built & there is no yacht on the List that matches her dimensions or Tonnage.
Very confusing has anyone got any ideas?

eilarose

Visit site
I thought she might have been stolen but that does not really account for the fact that the Wyatts build list does not show any yachts that match her dimensions unless of course she was stolen between 1957 & 1964
Regards
Alex