Anybody know the Corbin?

TQA

sailingonelephantschild.blogspot.com
It was high on my shortlist of boats when I was looking. They are a bit of a cult boat with an active users group.

http://www.corbin39.com/?

As you may know some were home fitouts and a bit amateurish although I looked at one where it had al been done in white painted ply and formica and was lighter in feel than the others where the teak had gone dark.

Foam cored hull but with a good rep. Supposedly bullet proof.

The aft cabin is somewhat claustrophobic.

The one you link to looks quite exceptional. My only reservation on it would be the engine, that Prima is by far the worst marine engine Perkins ever produced.

Sails maybe 10 years old.

Overpriced of course for a 30 year old boat but it does "look" good. If one had turned up at the right price and my partner at the time had not been claustrophobic I would have bought one however she said she could not endure the aft cabin.

They change hands for around 60 to 70 k $ US less for the home fit outs.

Sybarite

Visit site
Maybe not such a good idea after all:

" After a seven year circumnavigation ?2 EXTREME?, a Corbin 39, is offered for sale. ?2 EXTREME? is a solid cursing boat for the serious sailor."

aslabend

Visit site
I sailed from US East coast to the Bahamas on one called Two Pelicans. Very solid construction (hull was solid glass fibre layup), variable quality of build (there was a bit of a rough one in the North Carolina boat yard we set off from) , very heavy so not a particularly sparkling sail. Stick a monitor on the back and a bow sprit to make a cutter rig and they make great ocean crossers. "Quintana" was a nice Corbin sailed by a couple who crossed the Atlantic just after us .

Two Pelicans

Quintana

Apparently Quintana's Wind vane steering still worked with all that clutter around it :)