Any recommendations for Humber Yacht Clubs

OGITD

Visit site
Any Humber Yacht Clubs?

I don't want to 'count-me-Chickens' .... as I've been 'bitten' twice this year :(

But! .... I might have a personal & serious desire / need to introduce myself in the vain(?) hope of joining one :)

Still haven't found a new (to me) boat yet .... but if I can / do ... I'll have the opportunity of 'popping-over' to see an old 'Deeps' in Oosterend (but will possibly need some crew) (looks like a long-ish trip.)

Also will probably need some 'escape-time' from DIY, decorating, landscaping and Bike restorations (I've found a big-box-o-bits) ..... but don't mention this to SWMBO ... + I might also be able to 'wangle' a 'music-room' ..... :D

Redfox226

Visit site
Sorry - I made no recommendations but I suppose it really depends on what you want....
From the Mouth - South Bank:
Humber Mouth Yacht Club, Humberston
Shoal draft cruisers on swinging drying moorings
Humber Cruising association, Grimsby
Deep water marina berths in old fish dock
Grimsby and Cleethorpes Yacht Club, Grimsby
Seems to be more racing orientated
North Bank:
Humber Yawl Association, Brough
Much further from Humber mouth - soft mud berths and pontoons
South Bank:
Humber Yawl Association, Winteringham
Similar comment to the above - would take most of a day to get to the North sea in a cruiser

OGITD

Visit site
Thanks guys .... :)

looking like the 'Humber Yawl Association' in Brough might be my closest ... although initially I might just put forward my services as 'Crew' for anyone looking for help with maintenance & East Coast sailing.

OGITD

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
I spent a year at the Humber Yawl Club and they are lovely blokes

the Brough side has a lovely club house, pontoons (bow to) , lekkie and they run regular races. They have some pretty big fin keelers there that shove their keels deep into the mud when the tide goes out

there is enough water to get out for about three hours each tide

the other side - winteringham has less watere but still has some pretty big boats - the buildings are not as nice but I love the yard in winteringham - lots of birds, rabbits, the wind shushing through the reeds - lovely.

here are some shots of Brough in the snow

Dylan

PS - are you buying a boat that will take the ground?