Any Members based in Brixham

Jurgen

Visit site
Hi All,

Newbie here, just brought my second boat and have her moored @ MDL Brixham, looking for other forum members who are either based in Briham or know the waters and can offer advise on cruising areas and the odd beer at the weekend.

Regards

Jurgen

mparrish

Visit site
Yep

We are based in MDL Brixham - great marina - friendly bunch of people (staff and berth holders). Spotted your boat last weekend when we were down. We are probably down this weekend - will give you a wave if passing.
Mike

rob1699

www.helmores.com
Only across the bay in Torquay. If you head over this way and end up in the town you'd better watch out for the lager louts...its that time of year again in the English Rivera!!!

EddieBlue

Visit site
We had two seasons at Brixham MDL and ended up moving back to Poole I am afraid! There are only so many times that you can visit Dartmouth, and Torquay in the summer is nowadays a scummy place.

Salcombe and further a field are pleasant but a bugger if you don't want to buy Helly Hansen Musto or Lloyd clothing as there is little else.(mind you the pubs are great as is the local fish)

This is sadly written by a Paignton lad, who lived in Brixham for 20 years and still has all his family living in Torquay!

Jurgen

Visit site
We are based in MDL Brixham - great marina - friendly bunch of people (staff and berth holders). Spotted your boat last weekend when we were down. We are probably down this weekend - will give you a wave if passing.
Mike

Hi Mike, The wife and I are coming down tonight, be nice to meet up for a cold 1, drop in if your passing

Regards

Andy

Jurgen

Visit site
Only across the bay in Torquay. If you head over this way and end up in the town you'd better watch out for the lager louts...its that time of year again in the English Rivera!!!

Hi Rob, we recently purchased Serenity from Birchell Marine and experienced Torquay's finest in a few pubs on sat night, a bit like bristol really lol

jparham

Visit site
Hi Jurgen,
Yes, I am MDL Brixham based. I also live in Brixham.
Loads of places to go as long as you are happy swinging from the hook.
Been at this marina for 10 years now and have never 'popped over' to MDL Torquay....

Motoring only 5 miles will get you to bays where there is no-one.

Just don't bother going out in those easterlies if you plan anchoring - there's nowhere to hide unless you go up river.

PhilipF

Visit site
We had two seasons at Brixham MDL and ended up moving back to Poole I am afraid!

We're in CQ like you. However were in Brixham Marina last week until Saturday, when we crossed back to Poole. Funny, the worst part of the 'voyage' was coming up through Poole Harbour - water flying up over screens!

Thinking of relocating down the Brixham next year.

cem

www.solutions4feet.com
We're in CQ like you. However were in Brixham Marina last week until Saturday, when we crossed back to Poole. Funny, the worst part of the 'voyage' was coming up through Poole Harbour - water flying up over screens!

Thinking of relocating down the Brixham next year.

yeah last saturday afternoon did get a bit lumpy in the harbour, we were out on our first rip out in the new (to us) boat

Ripster

Visit site
Another ex-brixhamite here. Season before last. Had last season up in Northney Hayling Is and have come back West again this season to Torquay. As has been said, there are superb coves and anchorages round about in both directions.