Any ideas what this is?

Hornet_UK

Visit site
Hi All,

I have a Jabsco Compact kahzi with a twist 'n lock pump (Black Handle), the other day I found the handle would no longer twist 'n lock. After some investigation this afternoon I fould this object (see pics) in the bottom of the pump (the bit where it srcrews into the bottom of the bowl). Once I removed the oblect I put the pump back together and it all seems to work fine, I've had a look on Jabsco's web site and found and exploded diagram of the pump but I can't see the object in question. Does any one have any ideas what this thing is and where it may have come from?
Bog UFO 1.jpgBog UFO 2.jpg

Hornet_UK

Visit site

knuterikt

Visit site
The first link I am getting to see instructions on the top valve gasket? It is actually the base valve gasket that is needed as shown in this one:

Sorry, but I was assuming that the mystery parts had fallen off the top valve.
At least i posted link to all three videos :)

Jabsco_01_zpsbcb8cd4f.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:

l'escargot

Visit site
I've flipped the OPs pictured so that the cut away edge, now on the left in both pictures, is easier to compare.

2vdr47b.jpg

vfh0sl.jpg

The weights on the top valve (which have also been known to fall off :)) are completely circular, without the cut away, and are a smaller diameter.

knuterikt

Visit site
I've flipped the OPs pictured so that the cut away edge, now on the left in both pictures, is easier to compare.

2vdr47b.jpg

vfh0sl.jpg

The weights on the top valve (which have also been known to fall off :)) are completely circular, without the cut away, and are a smaller diameter.

I misjudged the size of the part in the OP, both size and shape should have given me the answer :( :)

FistralG

Visit site
Having watched both videos I find it illogical that they would use a combination of flathead and crosshead screws in the same unit.
Does anyone have an explanation?