Any Holiday Ideas??

G

Anyone got any good holiday experiences - not yaching as such as 2 teenage kids not really interested, but would like a holiday with water based activities e.g. windsurfing, canoeing, dinghy sailing etc. Somewhere warm - don't mind camping etc. Must be reasonably prices. Any suggestions gratefully received. Sue Rose

G

Lord knows what it\'s like now...

...but I have wonderful memories of Blakeney in Norfolk...if it is England you have in mind, or is warmth a thing of the past there now?! There used to be, and I fondly imagine still is, an English Tourist Board. Information was forthcoming on all manner of holiday possibilities, including camping. Perhaps they have a website these days. If you mean abroad (I am guessing you are in the UK) France abounds with excellent possibilities and I imagine there may be a tourist advisory service there too. Marian is based in France, perhaps she would know? It might be worth posting, if you are interested, a new message like 'Camping holidays in France. Any info?' or substitute the country/ies of choice. Sorry I can't be more specific but I hope this helps a bit. Have a lovely holiday. Don't forget to tell us all, when you get back, if you found somewhere the rest of us might be glad to hear of! Cheers!

G

How about canoeing down the Loire valley,I saw something in the Sunday Times about it a few weeks ago. Lots to see, should be warm and cheap and not to far from U.K. Best, Andrew

G

Dont know your budget, or location, but, there is a place called Angle in pembrokshire, west wales.

Little village two beaches two pubs, one campsite, one caravan site, all the watersports you could wish for, E mail me for more info

G

Sunsail clubs or Mark Warner and ask for late availability bargains. Got to be worth a try.

G

You could try a Neilson Sail, Surf and Ride holiday, Dinghy Sailing, Windsurfing and Mountain Biking.

Alternatively you could try Rockley France at La Reserve (near Bordeaux), this is a camping based holiday with watersports on the lake.

G

Want something active perhaps not water orientated ?(though it might rain!) Try a weeks gliding holiday, your teenagers could get hooked. Contact the British Gliding Association 0116 2531051 - just a thought