Any favourite places below Windsor?

emjay

Visit site
Anyone got any favourite mooring spots and watering holes downstream of Windsor? Apart from the odd trip down to Runnymede we usually only use the downstream option when going down to the tideway. Thought it might be worth doing a few days exploration down as far as the wilds of Teddington - with your help?

Thanks

Mike

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Lady lindseys lawn just after shepperton lock . You can go straight down the cut or turn to port and go the long way round . Just as you turn the bend you will see the lawn but it gets busy .
The shops and pubs are a short walk away but i prefer to get in the supplies and just stay on the lawn .

Last edited:

Brayman

Visit site
Lady lindseys lawn just after shepperton lock . You can go straight down the cut or turn to port and go the long way round . Just as you turn the bend you will see the lawn but it gets busy .
The shops and pubs are a short walk away but i prefer to get in the supplies and just stay on the lawn .

I have only ever been able to moor on there once, it's always so popular - no chance at weekends unless you get ther Wednesday I would say! :)

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Two obvious 'mainstream' moorings are Hampton Court and Teddington head lock cut. Weybridge below Shepperton Lock opposite the Weybridge Mariners Club, SUnbury in the weir stream opposite MTYC, Laleham Quay, Staines-on-Thames for a daytime stop, EA moorings above Bell Weir (just upriver from the boat yard - nice Italian restaurant down the alley), shopping at Kingston moorings just below bridge outside John Lewis.

Wavey

Visit site

Seems to be a favourite with the Crusties. Been down there twice recently (mid-week) and saw the same two boats there. Huge liveaboard barge and a 60ft widebeam loaded with bikes and all sorts of junk.

OceanBlue

Visit site
Been down there twice recently (mid-week) and saw the same two boats there. Huge liveaboard barge and a 60ft widebeam loaded with bikes and all sorts of junk.

Careful not to tip off the itinerants with more spots to take over! The Sunbury intake area and lawns by Garricks Villa also used to be popular for lazy weekend boating gatherings and barbecues - no chance of that anymore :mad:

dash300

Visit site
Seems to be a favourite with the Crusties. Been down there twice recently (mid-week) and saw the same two boats there. Huge liveaboard barge and a 60ft widebeam loaded with bikes and all sorts of junk.

Yes still there. Passed them today. Remainder of spaces taken up with nice family groups. Wonder where they dispose of their effluent?????

OceanBlue

Visit site
Wonder where they dispose of their effluent?????

That's easy, according prosecutions listed no so long ago, one was for an itinerant moorer with no holding tank who was awarded a token gesture fine. Proving it's a bargain for them to pay an occasional fine if caught than taking on the responsibility, expense and hassle of installing a holding tank, then having to pay the EA a tenner a time to have it emptied like the rest of us with holding tanks.