Antifoul & GRP Work/Polish in Portishead

Cymraeg

Visit site
Hi folks,

Anyone able to recommend an outfit to sort out some star-crazes and scuffs then a full buff and polish on a 46' flybridge in Portishead please? Also need the old antifoul stripping back to GRP then priming and a few coats of antifoul on top. I know of the 2 on-site outfits (feel free to comment on those if you have relevant experience) and I get the impression (although I might be wrong) that Jo in WSM is always busy and would rather stay in the barn! I'm hoping for October-ish subject to weather and would like to be out of the water as little as possible. I would imagine it's quite a big job to do everything so would need a few bodies on it simultaneously.

I've been meaning to do a lot of this stuff myself but work, weather and wotnot seems to have got in the way and it really needs doing now.

Thanks all.

Gwylan

Visit site
Hi folks,

Anyone able to recommend an outfit to sort out some star-crazes and scuffs then a full buff and polish on a 46' flybridge in Portishead please? Also need the old antifoul stripping back to GRP then priming and a few coats of antifoul on top. I know of the 2 on-site outfits (feel free to comment on those if you have relevant experience) and I get the impression (although I might be wrong) that Jo in WSM is always busy and would rather stay in the barn! I'm hoping for October-ish subject to weather and would like to be out of the water as little as possible. I would imagine it's quite a big job to do everything so would need a few bodies on it simultaneously.

I've been meaning to do a lot of this stuff myself but work, weather and wotnot seems to have got in the way and it really needs doing now.

Thanks all.

What happened to Gel Coat Jo [Jo Line]? She always used to do that sort of work there. Also known as The Boat Repair Centre - recommend her based on work she did for us a few years ago and still going strong.

rafiki_

Visit site
Adrian, Advance did my antifoul in April. Great job and good price. PM me on price if you like. Gelcoat Jo is well recommended by Mike/ Gary etc. I have no personal experience. I have used Gelbrite, a guy called Wayne, who used to do Sealine rectification work. Brilliant gelcoat guy. I can find his tel number if you can't find it Googling.

Cymraeg

Visit site
Thanks for the responses so far. I've dropped Jo an email, awaiting a response ...... it is holiday time!

Hi ya Paul. Phil is on my list, I need the old stuff stripping off so was going to call in the workshop and see what method his machine uses. Have PM'd you too.