Anti-foul whcih one

simonfraser

Visit site
Hi,

my boat is on a swinging mooring, Brightlingsea - Essex. on the mud at low tide.

currently using seajet, still some barnacles on the bottom,

does any one have any better ideas?

yes, the stuff is expensive !

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day Simon,

I have a good look at the amount of 'active ingredients' contained, this information is on the can and it's amazing how much they vary.

Avagoodweekend.

<hr width=100% size=1> Old Salt Oz /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Growing old is unavoidable. However, growing up is still optional.

ex-Gladys

Visit site
Ask around locally to see what the less fouled are using. Been a cr*p year again. Seajet was used extensively in our area (West Mersea) to no great success. We used XM 4000 as that was what was already on and it's been "OK" - no worse than any other boat I've seen.

<hr width=100% size=1>Larry Botheras

Anderson 26 "Amber"

simonfraser

Visit site
thanks, the worst fouling is where the hull sits on the mud, ??? would softer anti foul be better?

<hr width=100% size=1>

JSB

Visit site
I look with interest at boat bottoms when they are craned out, speak to the owners of the best and worst, this is important not only to obtain the manufacturer but also to see whether they have scrubbed off recently. More money does not always get the best results. Problem I have found is that what works well one year does not always follow the next.

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

simonfraser

Visit site
Hi John,

yes it does seem to vary from one year to the next, a real wind up.

p.s. how do i set up a picture by my posts ??

Simon

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mudplugger

Visit site
Simon, being a tad up the colne from you, just downtream of the barrier, and taking the mud for a half tide, would strongly suggest that you do not use a soft a/f. From past experience soft a/f lasts about a month before its all gawne! I know its a pain in the proverbial, but there isn't any substitute for a hard a/f, when taking the ground? . Suggest that you try VC Tar Teflon NTR. available fom that wondeful guy @ Heron Yacht Services.... ask the H/Master for his No.
Regards Tony W.

<hr width=100% size=1>Tony W.

simonfraser

Visit site
Hi Tony,

many thanks, i have wondered about the mud rubbing it off ....

with seajet there are still barnacles on the bottom at the end of the season

i guess you use the hard stuff ?

Simon

<hr width=100% size=1>